Share This Job:
Department: Client Services
Supervisor: Implementation Supervisor
Responsible for the successful implementation of GeoComm systems, training of users, and follow-up customer technical support, when needed. Develops and improves department processes and knowledge. Travel to customer sites can be expected 50% of the time.
Essential Job Duties:
- Project Coordination, Installation, and Training
- Coordinates assigned installation projects by fully understanding project scope
- Plan, schedule, and participate in project meetings and conference calls.
- Assist in the development of project documentation including checklists and diagrams.
- Provide project communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure tracking mechanisms are updated as projects progress.
- Ensure remote and onsite readiness of customer installation environments.
- Staging of hardware in the GeoComm lab.
- Technical Services
- 2nd level support and on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Monitor the progress of high-profile client projects and ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Create, maintain and communicate relevant problem project documentation and tracking.
- Research and analyze acquired materials and deliver prompt solutions to technical issues.
- Assist in test software releases and related equipment.
- Perform remote system maintenance and upgrade services for customers.
- Process Improvement and Training
- Review software release notes and understand and communicate the implications to technical services team.
- Assist in the development and refinement of installation materials and processes.
- Assist in ongoing transfer of knowledge within the technical services department. Assist with Product Verification (PV) lab development, maintenance, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct training for GeoComm staff
- Technical Knowledge
- Work toward networking and computer certifications including MCP, MCSE, A+
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of GeoComm software products.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of 9-1-1 technologies and standards.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of 3rd party software applications used with GeoComm products.
- Maintain technical knowledge of all aspects of how GeoComm products connect in a variety of installation environments to include the various computer hardware, software, networking configuration, database technologies, and wireless communications.
- Develop a working knowledge of SaaS, Microsoft Office applications, PC operations, and other related software applications and principles, including Esri, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, geodatabases, Windows Server, SQL Server and other Commercial DBMS Platforms, IIS, Active Directory, Network Routing, and OSI model. XML, Web Services.
Essential Universal Job Duties:
- 5. Promotes the Company, its Mission, Values, programs, and achievements internally and to the public.
- 6. Functions as a team member by assisting, supporting, and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- 7. Performs related work as required, willingly, and eagerly.
- 8. Meets deadlines.
- 9. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- 10. Maintains a neat and organized work area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Minimum Job Requirements:
|Education:||2 years or equivalent experience|
|Related Experience:||3-5 years of experience either with GeoComm or in a work environment with similar skill requirements and responsibilities|
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of ArcGIS mapping software and Trimble or similar GPS information systems.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to produce accurate, detailed work.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to perform highly responsible assignments requiring experience, judgment, and discretion for effective completion.
- Ability to coordinate tasks for varied program and project areas.
FLSA non-exempt hourly wage
The GeoComm Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, disability, sexual orientation age or veteran status.
The GeoComm Corporation provides a drug-free working environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please visit: http://www.geo-comm.com/geocomm/careers/