NatureServe’s software engineers work on a mixture of new and existing projects. Some of the applications we build allow scientists to collect and manage information about rare and endangered species and ecosystems. Other applications provide conservation professionals and planners with tools that analyze this data and help guide their conservation decisions. And finally, we build websites that present this information to educate the public on the natural world that surrounds them, allowing them to explore the challenges that face it and discover the ways in which they can help. Most of these projects have a very heavy focus on geospatial data. If you are not yet an expert on interactive, online maps, this position should provide opportunities to learn!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Be fully involved in the complete life cycle of software development, from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and testing.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with widely used libraries and frameworks, including Spring, Jersey, Jackson, jQuery, etc.
* Basic SQL skills and relational database experience
* Basic experience with web server administration capabilities, e.g. Apache Tomcat, Apache Http Server
* Proficiency with source control systems, especially Git
* Proficiency with issue tracking software, e.g. JIRA
* Experience with web and/or desktop GIS
* Experience with big data
* Experience with CMS administration or development, especially Drupal
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to conform to standard office hours
* Ability to move or adjust light computer and peripheral equipment
* Ability to travel independently to attend meetings and conferences
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below to complete NatureServe’s online application.
NatureServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://natureserve.applicantpro.com/jobs/562923.html →