Open To: EU Nationals or UK work permit holders
An Oil and Gas Operator seeks two ArcGIS Support Analysts to work at either their Surrey or Aberdeen offices to provide 2nd line support to all ArcGIS Portal users. Applicants are invited with a strong background in analysing problems relating to the ArcGIS application stack (Portal, Server, Spatial), who can determine the root cause and help to resolve issues in a professional and timely manner. There is a preference for applicants with a good oil and gas background. This is a 6 month contract but may lead to an extension or permanent position.
ArcGIS is widely used across the Company and the user community is expanding, hence the need to strengthen the Support Team with appropriately skilled resources.
There is a preference for someone with a strong portal/server understanding but the aptitude to determine the root-cause of problems is key. The Company will provide training in the more detailed IT aspects.
Reporting to a Service Manager this role encompasses many functions including:
· Become competent in how ArcGIS interacts with other applications, with the servers, and the user communities workflows and practices.
· Establish yourself as a go-to-person for the provision of 2nd line support across the Company for all ArcGIS users of the portal.
· Determine the root-cause of problems reported, which could originate at portal/server, application, script or data level.
· Investigate problems in a professional and timely manner.
· Document and track all problems, ensuring a satisfactory resolution is found.
· Escalate the problem quickly if the issue is not resolved and work with the required personnel (internally or externally) to fix.
· Build good working relationships with suppliers and support personnel of data, application, and IT system environment.
· Liaise with your counterparts in Houston and India as needed, supporting each other to resolve problems.
· Transfer your knowledge of ArcGIS analysis and resolution to other members of the Support Team – mentor and support more junior support personnel.
· Assist in improving the support processes and procedures for this application, ensuring a highly professional service is established and maintained across the user community.
This is an exciting and challenging role. ArcGIS is a widely used application across the Company’s user community, which is set to grow globally.
The successful candidate will have:
· Education to Degree or equivalent level desired – especially in a GIS or Earth Science subject.
· Some oil and gas industry experience highly desired – an understanding of the subsurface workflow within an oil Company advantageous.
· A strong background in supporting the ArcGIS application essential. Preferably 5 years’ min experience.
· Excellent analytical skills and root-cause analysis essential – the ability to systematically determine root cause, having exhausted all avenues is a pre-requisite.
· Good ArcGIS Portal/Server Support knowledge is highly desired – however, the aptitude and willingness to learn and expand your existing strong IT background is key. Training will be provided.
· A good understanding of how ESRI software interacts with servers/networks highly advantageous.
· Excellent customer relationship skills – performance will be based on speed, accuracy, resolution and above all customer satisfaction.
· Excellent communication skills – the ability to articulate clearly and concisely to customers, suppliers and colleagues is essential.
A Day Rate of between £350 – £450 is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs” and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
2) Email email@example.com with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.working-smart.co.uk →