NEWTON, MA (USA) – Caliper is excited to announce the release of a free Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) map layer. Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days.
The AADT data is critical for companies that rely on daytime populations and activities, such as retailers, shopping centers, and corporate marketing departments, because traffic counts are a key factor in analyzing trends, allowing them to tailor their business to better suit their customers.
AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2017 map.
Caliper Corporation develops state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. With a focus on usability, Maptitude is designed to be a cost-effective, professional healthcare mapping software product. Maptitude enables organizations to leverage their location-based data to improve decision making and planning while minimizing expenditure through competitively priced solutions.