The Groundwater Management Board is issuing a Request for Proposals to initiate and complete a cloud-based system upgrade to the Wellhead Protection Viewer. Interested parties must reply to this RFP no later than 5:00 PM EST on February 26, 2018. Submissions received after this day and time will not be accepted.
Groundwater Management Board (GMB) – The GMB was established in 1983 as a result of the 208 Water Quality Planning. The Board and its partner organization, the Groundwater Technical Advisory Council (GTAC), provide a forum for coordination of groundwater matters in the Tri-County region of Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties, reviewing and commenting on land use and/or water development projects that have potential to significantly impact groundwater resources in the region.
Wellhead Protection Viewer (WPV) – The WPV is a map-centric GIS database that is currently operated offline with ArcReader versions 9.3.1 or 10.0. The Viewer’s layers include, but are not limited to, Contaminant Source Inventory Locations, Water Wells, Time of Travel Areas, and other such data, that area planners rely on when making development decisions that may affect regional groundwater resources.
Wellhead Protection Viewer Upgrade Specification – The GMB is seeking a modern, streamlined, cloud-based upgrade to the Wellhead Protection Viewer. All data, layers, and hyperlinks from the offline Viewer must be included in the upgrade, including functionality to continue demonstrating the relationship between the various layers in a map-centric fashion, such as Contaminant Source Locations, Water Wells, and Time of Travel Areas, and all other layers. The upgrade must permit use and accessibility of the Viewer on a desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet, and mobile phone, and include login username and password security requirements for all authorized users.
GIS shapefiles are available upon request.
A maintenance plan for all data will be developed at a later date and is not included in this Request for Proposals.
Mininim Proposal Requirements – Firms interested in responding to this Request for Proposals must submit the following:
- Scope of work that addresses upgrade specification, including estimated timeline for upgrades; basis of online Viewer (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online) and whether host server is needed for online Viewer
- Proposed project costs, including professional fees and expenses, as well as fees for optional services that your firm can provide to enhance the value of the upgrade
- Credentials of the firm, including history/background and specific services offered. Also include name of the organization, address, telephone/fax numbers, email address, and the name and title of the person who will serve as the primary contact for the proposal
- Relevant prior experience, including a description of and link to past projects
- Resumes of staff who will be working on the project.
Timeline for Request for Proposals –
- February 5, 2018 – Request for Proposal issued
- February 26, 2018 – Project proposals due
- March 29, 2018 – Contract awardee notified
- By April 6, 2018 – Contract awarded
- June 30, 2018 – Project completion date (no later than)
Please submit your response to this Request for Proposals no later than 5:00 PM EST on February 26, 2018, to Jeremy J. Orr, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeremy J. Orr
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
3135 Pine Tree Road Suite 2C
Lansing, Michigan 48911
Phone: 517-393-0342 x30