3-GIS is an award winning global geospatial software development and services delivery company. We deliver fiber management solutions to help companies address system-level challenges and opportunities created by complex telecom networks.
Our office is located in the historic section of Decatur, AL, overlooking the Tennessee River. We guarantee a great employment experience and continued growth opportunities. Most of all, we guarantee fun in a flexible work environment! We are looking for an individual who shares our core company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Work-Life Balance, and Innovation.
We are looking for people that have the ability to solve complex mapping problems on the Esri platform. Developers with the ability to apply efficient thin-client design to formerly heavy desktop solutions. It’s complex work for sure; but when you’re done, you’ll have helped develop the best fiber management and electrical grid systems in the world. Cool, huh? You’ll need to understand GUI design, Geographical Information Systems, complex software systems, relational database management, and remote mobile interaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Analyze user requirements and design software programs, tools, and applications to meet each of the requirements.
* Conduct software testing of these software solutions to ensure they function appropriately as designed and that the operating instructions are correct.
* Evaluate and attempt to reproduce user logged errors in the software testing environment.
* Investigate whether legitimate errors are computer programming bugs, software configuration issues, or user interaction errors. * Correct errors by making appropriate edits to the software code and retesting the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
* Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing functionality and tools to increase performance, upgrade interfaces, or adapt to new requirements.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science and Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
* 4+ years experience in duties described above
* Esris ArcGIS Server
* GUI design, Geographical Information Systems
* Understanding of fiber or utility networks
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Communication skills, both oral and written
3-GIS provides a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, STD, LTD, 401(k), and paid leave.
3-GIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.3-gis.com/about-us/careers →