We are 3-GIS, a global award winning Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software development and delivery company. We provide innovative products, customized software services, and enterprise solutions to the Fiber Telecom market.
We are located in the historic section of Decatur, AL – just off the river. We guarantee a great employment experience, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, travel, and continued growth opportunities. Most of all, we guarantee fun in a flexible work environment!!!
We are looking for people that have the ability to solve complex mapping problems on the Esri platform. Solution Engineers with the ability to apply efficient problem solving solutions while keeping the customer in mind. It’s complex work for sure but when you’re done, you’ll have helped deploy the best fiber management tool in the world. Cool, huh? You’ll need to understand Geographical Information Systems, complex software systems, relational database management, and remote mobile interaction.
3-GIS is growing rapidly and is seeking to add an exceptional GIS Solution Engineer with a background in using Oracle as the RDBMS for Esris product suite.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Facilitating, managing and executing project activities for a variety of GIS software installation and data migration projects
* Evaluating existing data and processes and developing action plans for migration to an enterprise GIS
* Installing or upgrading 3-GIS Network Solution, ESRI and database software
* Configuring 3-GIS software, web services and database software
* Troubleshooting client issues with both GIS software and user techniques
* Testing new software functionality and bug fixes
* Preparing and performing detailed 3-GIS product demonstrations
* Training clients on product operations, functionality and usage
* Managing and performing Data conversion projects into our Network Solutions environment
* Consulting clients on new projects and implementation of software and services
* Providing technical support for both client GIS office staff and field technicians
* Assisting clients in exceeding their expectations for their use of the 3-GIS Network Solutions software
* At least 2-3 Years of practical GIS Analysis and/or IT experience; a Certified GIS Professional (GISP) is a plus
* Practical working knowledge of ArcGIS software, including ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE and ArcGIS Online
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proficiency in GIS analysis
* Must be proficient in building and maintaining spatial databases in enterprise GIS applications with an emphasis on Oracle / Oracle Spatial as the RDBMS backend.
* Knowledge of the Oracle Spatial SDO Geometry package.
* Experience creating and maintaining Oracle databases, schemas, tablespaces, and roles.
* Exceptional Communication Skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work Independently and as part of a team
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Ability to multi-task with exceptional time management skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
* Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) scripting language and Oracle Pl/SQL to develop queries and procedures to retrieve data from relational database management systems
* Professional appearance.
3-GIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.3-gis.com/about-us/careers →