Website DMI Ltd.
The DMI Peace River Pulp Division (PRPD) is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at DMI PRPD offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
The Peace River Pulp Division has a great opportunity within our Woodlands Department for a highly motivated individual to fill our one year term position as a GIS Analyst Assistant.
Role and Responsibilities
· Assist with GIS Automation, data management and mapping.
· Harvest block updates using the 3D visualization workstation.
· Data compression and organization of spatial data.
· Development of a semi-automated forest values process using spatial analyst.
· Python scripting and documentation to support GIS developments.
· Assisting planning and operations staff on the use of DMI’s Silvacom Online system.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will have a university degree or diploma in forestry, environmental, geography, or other related discipline. Professional designation or ability to do so within twelve months is considered an asset. Previous forestry experience is also considered an asset.
Candidates should also have experience with:
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
· Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS tools and Microsoft Office suite.
· Experience with ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, FUSION, R, python and other analysis tools is considered an asset.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
· Proficient writing skills with the ability to prepare high quality technical reports.
· Initiative, creativity, systems thinking and strong attention to detail when approaching challenges
· Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and written.
Submit your resume to PRPD’s HR Dep’t quoting competition number CN1808.
By Mail: PRPD Postal Bag 4400, Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, AB T8S 1V7
By Fax or Email: 780-624-7040 or email@example.com
Position will be posted until suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org