Utah State University
The Geospatial Consortium is a new centralized hub for geospatial information and resource collection, organization, and dissemination at Utah State University. This geospatial.usu.edu web-based ‘hub’ will also house information on geospatial courses; certification programs, events and activities; and opportunities for education, research, internships, and employment in GIS related fields.
- Plan and coordinate the day-to-day operational, educational, and marketing tasks that will support, enhance, and draw attention to Utah State University’s growing geospatial programs.
- Teach two online classes to support the online GIS Certificate program. Courses will be determined according to program needs.
- Generate new, innovative ideas on how to continue growing the program.
- The early success of USU’s graduate GIS certificate program is leading to the development of an equivalent undergraduate GIS certificate program. The Geospatial Consortium Coordinator will be responsible for managing the online graduate GIS Certificate program and coordinate the creation of the undergraduate online GIS certificate program.
- Workshops and short courses are particularly effective in the geospatial field as technology, software tools, and data are changing rapidly. The Geospatial Consortium Coordinator will help organize and manage workshops and short courses to ensure Utah students and working professionals have opportunities to gain industry-specific cutting-edge skills.
- Create and manage a geospatial.usu.edu web platform that will disseminate opportunities for education, employment, research, internships for students at Utah State and across Utah.
- Enhance relationships with Utah colleges and universities to leverage existing geospatial programs and resources.
- Promote Utah State educational, research, and employment opportunities to engage remote communities and students across Utah.
- Earned MS degree in a field related to geospatial sciences and technology.
- We are seeking someone with extraordinary connecting and coordination skills to work with faculty across campus and partners statewide.
- The successful candidate will have a deep working knowledge of geospatial sciences and related skills, as well as strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Teaching experience in post-secondary education.
- Experience in administration, marketing, and development of online educational programs.
To apply for this job please visit usu.hiretouch.com.