City of Burnsville
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Public Works Director or Utilities Superintendent and the direction of the GIS Technician, performs entry-level to semi-skilled technical office and field GIS and asset management work for the Public Works Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locate GIS assets in the field with GPS equipment
- Collects and enters attribute data in the office and field with GPS equipmentand/or ArcGIS Collector Application
- Performs or sets up systems and procedures for condition assessments
- Fill out, modify and set-up work order forms in a computer work managementsystem
- Creates, edits and updates features in geodatabases and shapefiles
- Scans and attaches plans, manuals and files to assets
- Performs other work related to the operation and maintenance of the City’sGIS, GIS applications asset management system and pavement management system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of Public Works infrastructure: underground utility piping, pavements, structures and appurtenances.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x, including tools and extensions and familiarity with ArcGIS Online environment
- Desire to learn on the job
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and drawings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to operate a City Vehicle.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or G.E.D., with a minimum of one (1) year vocational or college course work in GIS geography, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field of study; or an equivalent combination of training and experience required to
- Candidates should meet one of the following criteria:
- Have at least one (1) semester of education remaining in order to graduate;
- Receive a degree/certificate following the completion of the internship
- Have recently graduated (Spring 2017) with a related degree or certificate.
- MN Driver’s License or eligible to be licensed in the State of Minnesota
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.burnsville.org/index.aspx?NID=1014&all=1&AppliTrackJobId=332&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1 →