City of Wenatchee
Administers program development, operation and maintenance of the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs, manages and directs mapping, data management, analysis and workflow procedures utilizing GIS for City-wide applications.
- Designs and implements policies and procedures governing the collection, inclusion, maintenance and dissemination of geographically based infrastructure information.
- Establishes short- and long-term goals and objectives for the City’s GIS system to ensure current and future needs of internal and external customers within the scope of GIS are met.
- Manages development, operation and maintenance of system databases, hardware, software and design. Evaluates data, identifies end-user needs and implements system enhancements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, computer science, urban planning, surveying or related field.
- Four (4) years of progressive GIS experience including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Two (2) years of municipal experience in a public works department preferred.
- Requires knowledge of ESRI’s core GIS software products (ArcGIS desktop/Server, ArcSDE [SQL] and Image Server.
City of Wenatchee employee benefits include the following:
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Membership in the WA State PERS Retirement System
- Optional Participation in a Section 457 Deferred Comp Plan
- $25,000 Basic Life/$25,000 AD&D Insurance Policy
How to Apply:
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov to view the job description including qualification requirements and download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package in the following order:
- Letter of Interest
- Application for Employment
- Supplemental Application.
Complete application packages may be emailed, faxed (509-888-3636), or mailed (City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519, Wenatchee, WA 98807-0519).
Closing Date: 5:00 P.M., Monday, March 5th, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,763.00 to $7,072.00 /month
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.wenatcheewa.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/203/83 →