Website Innovate! Inc
Innovate in support of the Volpe Center in Cambridge, MA has an immediate need for an Application Developer (Full-Stack). The candidate will assist in the architecting, design, development, and deployment of geospatial web applications, modeling applications, and databases needed to support a wide variety of web-based geospatial tools supporting FAA Air Traffic Management Systems.
*The ability to obtain a DOT security clearance is required*
The candidate will also assist in the use of GIS and related technologies to develop services which:
• Integrate National Airspace System (NAS) status and constraint information from multiple sources
• Provide a unified, application level interface to obtain filtered subsets of NAS information via request or subscription
• Support flight trajectory/route query in addition to flexible combinations of spatial, temporal, and scalar filter
• Create a consistent, spatially, and temporally correlated ‘view’ of NAS information.
The candidate will analyze requirements, translate into architecture and design specifications, design and integrate components, and support deployment activities. The candidate will also participate in peer reviews of software designs and test plans as needed. The candidate will help architect, design and implement data-centered analytics systems, working closely with customers, users, and software engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or related field preferred.
• 5+ years of related experience in:
* Java applications including database applications (both relational and NOSQL)
* Front end frameworks (D3.js, jQuery, Angular.js, JSON)
* Analytics tools : Python, R
* Databases: Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, HBase, Oracle
• Experience with cloud and virtualization technology (example: AWS EC2)
• Familiarity with development security and best practices.
• Experience with version control tools (examples: Git, SVN, Bamboo).
• Also desirable: Familiarity with FAA flight data systems (flight planning, ATC, TFM, FMS), FAA system acquisition process, and international data standards.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate!
Innovate!, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org