MD America Energy, LLC MD America Energy, LLC
The GIS Specialist is responsible for managing integrity data within a Geographic Information Systems (GIS), in order to support integrity management of assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain spatial databases and files that are accurate, up-to-date, and accessible. This includes updating databases with newly acquired data through tabular loading, graphical digitization, or computation.
• Manipulate data so that it may be used by other applications, or utilize other applications to manipulate data so that it may be used within GIS.
• Utilize the ArcGIS Desktop suite to display spatial data and analyze relationships between data to glean useful information. This includes gridding, contouring, and 3D visualizations; spatial relations between features; statistical trend – analyses; and correlations between data sets.
• Present the data and the results of the analyses in the form of maps, charts, or graphs which are cartographically complete, correct, clear, and concise.
• Ensure that coordinate data integrity and geodetic rigor is not compromised during any spatial data processes.
• Promote and share the power and possibilities of GIS technologies with peers and customer groups in support of staff learning and development.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field preferred but not required
• 5+ years of applied GIS experience, oil and gas experience
• Working knowledge with ArcGIS required. Spatial Analyst & 3D Analyst preferred
• Strong understanding of GIS 3D concepts
• Demonstrated effective analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel to field and corporate offices
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com