Rheticus® is our automatic cloud-based geo-information service platform, designed to provide fresh, accurate and actionable geospatial information on our changing world. Rheticus® had already garnered awards at both the national and international level, with the “Application of the Year 2016” of OpenGeoData Italia, and was listed among the finalists of the “European EO Product of the Year” of the EARSC Association.
The Role: “R&D SOFTWARE ENGINEER”
Our Rheticus® team designs, develops and manages systems to process vast quantities of satellite data into beautiful, visual products that provide scientifically useful analytics and actionable information. Our Inputs include Copernicus Sentinel satellites open data as well as a variety of other sources.
Your contribution will help us to deliver customer-quality imagery, will improve data processing pipelines and will create new monitoring services.
- Make the difference in reaching outstanding results;
- Ensuring the production of clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code;
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements;
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards;
- Support test and deployment of new products and features;
- Participate in code reviews.
- Continuous learning attitude;
- PhD in Computer science or Computer Engineering or at least 3 years of experience on research activities;
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and Complex Distributed Architectures;
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies;
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work;
- Mastery of English language.
- Relational and non relational databases;
- Web frameworks as AngularJS, Vue.JS, React;
- REST server technologies.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: unlimited book orders for our technical library, workshops, conferences, and training. A well-stocked library for your free time readings and free pass for theaters and concerts. Many calories to celebrate anniversaries and successes together. An open vacation policy so take time off when you need it and a private medical healthcare.
We welcome new teammates from every part of the world. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
Planetek Italia is headquartered in Bari, Italy.
If you are feeling inspired, apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit. Tell us who you are, what you’ve accomplished so far in your career and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
*Why would you like to bet on innovative SMEs like Planetek?
*Having joined the company, what would be the benefit that you would be able to bring to a company like Planetek?
Write us at rd.sw.eng @ planetek.it (remove the spaces): If your profile matches the one we are looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Ref. Subject: R&D SW Engineer
Read more here: https://www.planetek.it/eng/rd_software_engineer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.planetek.it/eng/rd_software_engineer →