Website POWTEC Solutions, LLC
Seeking experience Senior GIS Analyst
Sr. GIS Analyst (2018.11_2)
JBLM Pubic Works Directorate
Tacoma, WA 98433
Sr. GIS Analyst is a subject matter expert at Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) Directorate of Public Works (DPW). This position requires expert knowledge in ArcGIS Desktop applications (ArcMap, ArcCatalog) as well as ArcEnterprise systems (ArcServer, ArcPortal, and formally ArcSDE, currently SQL Server databases). Requirements of this position range from technical support/trouble shooting ArcGIS issues, training active duty military personnel, GPS surveying, to editing geospatial data in an enterprise database environment with multiple data editors.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt role providing health benefits, paid holiday and Paid Time Off. Position does not require security clearance.
Candidates provided employment offers must complete background screening, drug test screening, and professional reference check as contingency to being hired.
Must be US Citizen.
Essential Duties and Tasks
· Geospatial database schema design/implantation in support of SDSFIE standards
· Python (ArcPy) scripting
· Strong data analysis/geoprocessing skills
· Management of multiple enterprise versioned geodatabases
· Training for geospatial tasks for active duty military personnel
· Subject matter expert on ArcGIS issues – troubleshoot a variety of bugs ranging from ArcMap to ArcServer
· Create web map services and web mapping applications
· Physical map creation requiring advanced cartographic skills
· GPS surveying and data post processing
· SDSFIE data migration
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Knowledge and familiarity with engineering drawings including utility interpretation and georeferencing
· Legal/Outgrant mapping experience
· Historic mapping experience
· Raster Analysis
· SQL query experience
· Web map application creation experience
· Expertise with SQL Server
· Ability to implement problem-solving skills in order to complete orders and tasks
· Experience with GFEBS (preferred, not required)
· 3 years minimum using ArcGIS software including ArcServer
· 1 year minimum using Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
· 1 year minimum using and administering enterprise spatial databases in a versioned environment
· 1 year experience with SDSFIE data standards (version 2.0 or beyond)
· 2 years’ experience with model builder/scripting with ArcMap and/or ArcServer to automate tasks
· Experience with data conversion from AutoCAD, Microstation, other geospatial formats to and from GIS formats
· Experience processing LiDAR datasets and analyzing LiDAR data
· Database creation/design for mobile data collection as well as experience post processing field collected data
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geology, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or similar/related field and a certificate in Geographic Information Systems
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds
• Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand, type, and walk for periods of time
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
• The noise level in the environment is moderate
• The environment is a typical office setting
POWTEC Solutions is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law and promotes diversity in its workforce. POWTEC takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity.
email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER! 2018.11_2
*Candidates provided employment offers must complete background screening, drug test screening, and professional reference check as contingency to being hired.
*No phone calls from recruiters.
*No candidate phone calls. In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 360-377-8600 x209 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org