Website Transcon Environmental
Environmental Consulting Firm
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the western United States with offices in California, Arizona, Utah, and Virginia. Our highly successful team of environmental planners, biologists and archaeologists provide environmental planning, permitting, and compliance as well as infrastructure siting, environmental construction management, and monitoring. Our company philosophy is, “Understand and Serve.”
We are seeking a GIS Specialist for a full-time, salaried (exempt) position in our Santa Rosa or Ferndale office. Working with the project team, the GIS Specialist will be primarily responsible for preparing biological resource maps for records searches and reports.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in GIS or closely related field
- Proficiency using ArcGIS
- Ability to perform work duties independently and reliably
- Ability to complete work requests under pressure with short deadlines
- Motivated, thorough, accurate, dependable and trustworthy
- Familiarity with typical electrical utility operations and maintenance activities
- Familiarity in biology of northern California
This position is full-time, salaried, exempt, and eligible for full benefits. Compensation will be based on qualifications, proficiencies, level of education, and years of experience. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug/alcohol screening and background check. We anticipate that employment will begin in February 2018.
Send the following to Kevin Collins, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- one-page cover letter
- three professional references
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://transcon.com/careers.html →