Website Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc.
WEST is a premier environmental & statistical consulting firm
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a GIS Specialist located out of our Cheyenne, WY or Fort Collins, CO offices.
Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
The ideal candidate in this role will be experienced in developing and maintaining spatial data with a strong understanding of cartographic principles, and be experienced using GIS Software such as ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Suite, Model Builder, and ArcPy. The successful candidate should be self-driven with great attention to detail and be able to work efficiently and effectively in both individual and team settings.
• Create and present cartography/date for field surveys, memos, and reports
• Responsible for project data management for multiple projects, including data formatting, conversion, and project directory maintenance
• Responsible for data creation, including spatial-based analysis, digitizing, and data mining a variety of sources
• Provide technical support for other GIS users within the organization
• Review other GIS users’ report maps and data deliverables to ensure quality and understanding
This a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties which may be associated with this position
Start Date: December 2018
Compensation: Based on experience and education
Work Schedule: 30-40 hours/week
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography and/or GIS, or a related field (or equivalent combination or education and experience) required
• Master’s Degree in Geography and/or GIS, or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience) a plus
• Must be proficient with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Suite and Model Builder
• Working knowledge of SQL queries preferred
• Ability to write and manipulate scripts utilizing Python (ArcPy)
• Strong understanding of cartographic principles a must
• Proficient in creating and maintain metadata
• Candidates with additional experience in programming languages, GPS technology software, or Quantum GIS will be given preference
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check; a pre-employment drug screen; and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required. Candidates must adhere to all health and safety requirements.
WEST is an employee owned organization with a tradition of professional integrity dedicated to a family atmosphere and a diverse workforce.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive Medical (if working 30 or more hours a week)
• SEP/IRA (100% employer contributions, after initial eligibility requirements are met)
• Scheduling flexibility
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.west-inc.com.